Here’s what you’re wearing… natural merino wool
What’s great about merino wool? Well, it’s natural. New Zealand sheep are free-range animals living a happy life eating good grass and drinking clean water in abundant sunshine. They make us a high quality raw material: wool. Sheep aren’t killed to harvest wool, so it’s also a great renewable resource.
There’s a good reason sheep don’t feel the cold. It isn’t rocket science. Acrylic fabric may wick water away from your body but it gets wet. Wool absorbs up to 30% of its weight in moisture. It’ll keep you warm and dry even when it’s wet.
Merino wool is good for you and the environment. Merino wool is a natural fibre. Any loose fibres that come out in the wash break down. You won’t be adding plastic to the ocean and that’s good for everyone worldwide.
Merino wool is known for its softness and comfort. We blend some products with possum fur for some extra softness. All Norsewear merino wool products are great to wear. No matter how old you are, you can live, work and play in quality New Zealand made and designed clothing if it has the Norsewear brand.
FAQs about our wool
Where are your materials sourced from?
Our high-quality wool is sourced from New Zealand sheep.
How do I clean my merino garments?
Hand washing is recommended but you can wash Norsewear products in your washing machine – check the product tag to make sure.
- Wash like colors together (e.g separate lights and darks)
- Close all zippers
- Use warm or cool machine wash on a wool cycle max 30oC
- Use wool liquid detergent
- DO NOT use bleach or fabric softener
- DO NOT soak your garment
- Wash occasionally with denim (e.g. jeans with the zipper closed) or other coarse fabrics to remove any loose fibers i.e. pilling
- DO NOT iron prints or labels
- Line dry garments – do not tumble dry.