Questions with answers as reliable as your Norsewear NZ work socks.
When you’re hard at work, you don’t want cold wet feet. You’ll get a sniffle, health and safety will have a bunch of questions, and your only answer will be, “I’m wearing plastic socks, Sir.” Norsewear work socks are woollen and will keep your feet dry and warm. They’re reliable, like these frequently asked questions.
When will my order arrive?
We usually dispatch orders within 3-5 working days after payment has been received. Actual delivery time will depend on your location.
Please note that rural delivery can take a little longer, so please allow an additional couple of days for this.
If your order contains any clearance/low stock/out of stock items, this may delay the dispatch of your order.
Orders are dispatched Monday to Friday.
Learn more on our Shipping page.
How will I know when my order is shipped?
We will send you an email once your order is dispatched with your tracking number included.
Can I request to have my item shipped Express?
This service is not available at this time.
How do I cancel an order?
If you have placed an order in error, please contact us as soon as possible and we will be happy to refund this for you.
Can I exchange or return a product?
Returned products must be unused, in its original packaging with all tags still intact, and returned within 60 days of purchase along with the original receipt.
Can I add, change or delete an item in my order after its completed?
Unfortunately, once your order is placed, it is too late to change or delete it. If you would like to change your order after it has been received, we offer free returns, within the terms of our Return Policy.
- The item I received does not match the order, what do I do?
- What happens if I cannot find my proof of purchase for a return?
- Do I need a receipt for a faulty Norsewear item?
- The item I received is damaged, what do I do?
What address should I send my returns to?
You can find returns information on the Returns page.
Please ensure you supply us with the following information:
- your name
- order number
- date of purchase
- preferred action
Why can't Noreswear send to a PO Box address?
Your order will be delivered to your door by courier, where a signature is required as proof of delivery.
What if the product I ordered is out of stock?
If the product you ordered is out of stock you can still purchase the product. Delivery will be delayed. The product will be sent as soon as it is back in stock. If the product purchase cannot be fulfilled by Norsewear for any reason, we will contact you immediately to offer an alternative. If nothing else is suitable, we'll offer a full refund of the purchase price.
Can you ship internationally?
Unfortunately, we only offer shipping within New Zealand at this time. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
How do I use my discount/coupon code?
You will be able to use multiple coupon codes in one transaction – unless the coupon has been specified as a code that cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
If you have a Norsewear discount code, simply select what you would like to purchase from the online store, and enter the code in the coupon code field on the cart summary page. Once the code has been entered, click the submit button and the discount will apply to the cart total if it is a valid code.
Are my credit card details secure?
Yes, they are. Our website uses the DPS payment system to process your payment in real time. This is DSS compliant. Norsewear does not see your credit card information.
Which payment forms do you accept?
We accept payments via Visa and MasterCard.
What do you do with my personal details?
Do you offer discounts for large orders?
We always offer the best possible prices for our loyal Norsewear customers, however, if you are purchasing a commercial quantity of any product please contact us to discuss pricing and availability.
Do you offer a lay-by service?
Unfortunately, we don't offer a lay-by or back order service.
Where are your materials sourced from?
Our high-quality wool is sourced from New Zealand sheep where possible.
Learn more on the Materials page.
How do I clean my down jacket and merino garments?
Norsewear down jackets and merino products can be cleaned in a washing machine, although special care is required.
Down Jacket – Washing machine instructions
It is important to wash your down jacket periodically (no more than twice a year).
- Brush off loose mud/dirt
- Do up zips, velcro and close flaps
- Turn jacket inside out
- Wash with a specific cleaner developed for washing down or technical outerwear
- ONLY wash the down jacket in a front loader – top loaders can damage your jacket
- Make sure your detergent compartment of your washing machine is clean of residue
- Set the machine to a cold wash or wool cycle
- Set machine to rinse a few times on the gentlest spin cycle to make sure no detergent remains on the down
- DO NOT air dry, the down feathers can clump together and start to smell, dry only in a tumble drier at a low heat. High heat can ruin the outer shell fabric.
- Adding tennis balls into your drier stops the feathers from clumping together
Merino – Washing machine instructions
Hand washing is recommended but you can wash Norsewear products in your washing machine – check the product tag to make sure.
- Wash like colors together (e.g separate lights and darks)
- Close all zippers
- Use warm or cool machine wash on a wool cycle max 30oC
- Use wool liquid detergent
- DO NOT use bleach or fabric softener
- DO NOT soak your garment
- Wash occasionally with denim (e.g. jeans with the zipper closed) or other coarse fabrics to remove any loose fibers i.e. pilling
- DO NOT iron prints or labels
- Line dry garments – do not tumble dry.